Monday, May 12, 2008

Weekend in Review

Starting backwards... Sunday night. I'm beginnng to view Survivor like presidential elections. Nobody I want to win ever does; and in point of fact, the ones I want least to win always do. Every year I say I will NEVER watch this show again if so-and-so wins; then so-and-so wins; and the next season I'm watching the damned show AGAIN. It's definitely a love/hate thing.

At the moment, Kiki is playing with an empty 2-liter soda bottle. It rolls away and she crawls after it. I think this is a good thing, don't you?

Mother's Day was wonderful. As usual, I put off shopping for cards to the very last minute so nothing got mailed off. You'd think I'm allergic to the post office or something. But I did make phone calls, and it was soo wonderful to hear everyone's voices. I haven't seen my Dad and MamaB in three years now; I miss them so much. I can't tell you how many weekends I wished I was only a 2-hours drive away from the cabin in the woods.... *sigh*

The last time I saw Mom was last year just after Kiki was born. She and JP are planning a visit soon, in the summer. I can't wait!!

So when Kiki got her chicken pox and MMR shots a week and a half ago (or so), the doctor warned us that she'd likely break out in bumps or a rash right on Mother's Day. She broke out a few days earlier than that, actually, and developped -- ta da! -- thrush on top of it. She's never had thrush before, and evidently it is not common for a 1-year-old to have thrush just out of the blue.

What I'm thinking is that the shots affected her immune system. It happened before, when she had her 6-month shots, that her immune system got thrown out of whack -- that time we ended up in Kansas City at an oncologist's office, ruling out leukemia. At least thrush doesn't require a trip to KC... just medicine 4x a day. She's responding well too... the white spots on her tongue are all gone now.

She still only has one tooth. The one right next to it keeps on threatening to poke through, but it remains stubborn.

And she's clapping! Well, as long as she has something in her hands. At mealtimes, she'll grab up two fistfuls of food and bang her fists together. I'm counting that!!

2 comments:

Sister Kristin May 12, 2008 at 8:16 AM  

What is it about empty plastic bottles? The other day I had a leftover Pepsi bottle in the backseat of the car and Dessa *lunged* toward it as soon as I set her in her carseat. After a valiant struggle to strap her in, she played with the thing happily all the way home. Kept her quiet, anyway!

Sister Kristin May 12, 2008 at 8:17 AM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP