Saturday, May 3, 2008

Percentiles

Kiki had her 1-year checkup last week. She's still off the charts on the DS growth chart, so she's still being charted on the regular kids' chart. Compared to other girls her age, she's no longer in the 50th percentile for height and weight... if I were the perfect mother, I'd have the numbers memorized, but I'm too lazy to even get up, find the paperwork, and look it up. Heh!

Anyway, she's dropped a little on the weight curve, although she's still progressing nicely along the height curve. The doc says the weight thing is to be expected, since she's now more active (and how!) than she has been before.

And since she's turned 1, she's off the formula and on whole milk and real food. I constantly question whether I'm giving her enough food. I know I give her healthy stuff -- I haven't bought prepackaged food for her (other than snacks like dried fruit or cereal) since she was about 8 months old.

Bragging rights to this home-cooked food-eating baby diet took a nosedive this week though...

During her 1-year visit, she had to get her chicken pox and MMR immunizations, and for the first time, she cried when she got her shots. So we got her ice cream afterwards. And then the next day, they had to draw blood for lead panels and thyroid panels and whatnot, and they took it from her arm, and she BAWLED, so on the way home, I bought her her very first Happy Meal. Hey, she can afford the extra calories. And she looooooooooooooves chocolate milk.

And tonight, she's spending the night away from home, so I broke down and bought her Gerber toddler meals, one for lunch and one for dinner. I don't feel too terrible about that actually, since I made up for it by making Malt O'Meal muffins for breakfast.

And they taste pretty good, too, if I do say so myself. :)

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP