Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Halloween!

I am giddy about the upcoming holidays because they will be Kiki's first exposure to 'em. The first Halloween I get to dress her up! (And probably the last Halloween I'll get to pick a costume for her.)

So I started hunting online for costume ideas (because I wait until the last minute to do ANYTHING hence becoming a first-time mom at the ripe age of 40).

Seeing as she's totally enamored with the zerbert sound, and will amuse herself for hours by zerberting in every direction possible, I thought this was the perfect costume for her. Because I am also a Horrible Mom who finds this absolutely hilarious. Kipp pointed out to me though that if I dress her up in it, I run the risk of people being tempted to sit on her.

However, I will most likely relent and go along with the Dronkey costume instead because C & B will absolutely love it.

I found the cutest red Christmas sleeper at WalMart tonight and resisted buying it. If this continues, it's likely I may dress her up as a turkey, Pilgrim, or Indian girl for Thanksgiving.

I do get an inordinate amount of glee out of dressing her up. It's interesting -- when I just dress her in a onesie and take her out, she doesn't get half the attention as if I doll her up in a coordinated outfit and put up her hair.

And I get that babies are inherently unisex in that it's difficult to determine their gender, for the most part, without certain clues. But when I dress her in a pink shirt and jeans with frilly cuffs and put up her hair like Pebbles, wouldn't you think that people wouldn't ask if she was a girl? I mean, granted, I'm thinking of dressing my baby up as a Whoopee Cushion for Halloween, but even I wouldn't dress my baby up for an outing in frilly pink things and bows if she were a boy.

Next time, I shall answer, "No, he's an Executive Transvestite."

3 comments:

Sister Kristin October 10, 2007 at 7:53 AM  

People are stupid. I had Dess out in a pink pink PINK outfit that fairly screamed, "LOOK AT WHAT A CUTE LITTLE GIRL I AM!" and two people asked me if she was a boy or a girl. Nobody wants to assume. I feel like telling them, "Assume. Please. Those bows and frills? There for a reason."

We got Dessa's costume last year on clearance (because we are cheap). It is heavy enough to take her to Antarctica in. Which is appropriate, given what she's going to be.

Katherine October 10, 2007 at 8:09 AM  

Kupo, dress her up as a Moogle! ;)

Jeannie October 10, 2007 at 9:03 PM  

MOOGLE!!!!! You're right, we have to dress her up as a moogle.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP