Thursday, October 18, 2007

Creepy

So I have a grand total of two songs I sing regularly to Kiki. These have already become routine and plant themselves deep in her subconscious for the entirety of her life.

Or so is my master plan! muhahahahahaha!

The first song is a song I made up. It's her wake-up song. I will relate the words to you because I am not ashamed. I know it's goofy, and it's not creative, and I don't care because it makes HER smile a LOT. It goes like this:

Good morning, Kiki
Good morning, dear
I am so happy
To have you near.

You are the darling
Who I adore
And I will love you
Forever more.

I don't know what the melody is from; I will not pretend I made the melody up myself. I'm afraid it's from something creepy, because that's how I'm wired.

Case in point.

The other song I sing her every night when she goes to sleep or when I'm trying to soothe her. It's Hush, Little Baby. Which I love, mainly because it's the only lullabye I know from beginning to end (I do not count Rockabye Baby or Twinkle Twinkle and for no good reason either, so don't try to logic me.)

However.

There is a reason I remember it from beginning to end. It is not a sentimental reason. It is a CREEPY reason.

It's because of Evil Dead 2.

And every time I sing it, even though it's supposed to be a lullabye/soother, all I can think of is a naked corpse doing a stop-action ballet with her decapitated head and a creepy ghoulish thing in a cellar.

And yet? I do not stop singing her this song. How did I ever pass the parent test and get entrusted with this child?

4 comments:

Katherine October 19, 2007 at 5:57 AM  

Parents are volunteers, not selected. There is no parent test.

There is, however, a patience test. If you don't know what I mean, you will in a bit...and many times over! Muahahahahahaha!

*ahem*

Just be aware that while you're singing these songs to her now, it's going to be *you* that's going to have an emotional response to it when she gets older. Trust me, I get real sentimental whenever I hear the Y' lullaby CD at night (which he still listens to).

Jeannie October 21, 2007 at 6:45 AM  

I hope so... I hope one day I can hear/sing Hush Little Baby and feel sentimental about it rather than giggling about bad horror flicks... it doesn't seem likely at the moment. Halloween approaches! It's almost time to watch Evil Dead 2 and Dead Alive again! muhahahahahaha!

Jeannie October 21, 2007 at 6:46 AM  

Ohhhh.... I think maybe I have reached the patience test, btw. She is beginning to teethe. The last two days have been ... trying. Is that what you meant?

Katherine October 23, 2007 at 12:25 AM  

No, the patience test is the daily struggle to NOT recycle your child. That starts when they have mastered locomotion and vocal skills. Then they are faster than you and very very loud.

When you get to that stage, come talk to me about non-destructive noise suppresion techniques.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP