Saturday, July 12, 2008

Guess what I did! No, GUESS!

I was standing in line. I was bored. I had a pen. I was holding my driver's license (because I'm a ***gasp**** check writer. I know! I belong in the Stone Age!) And before I knew what I was doing I...

... became an organ donor.

Well, not like a truck tore into the place vomiting surgeons who subsequently began to dice me up into little pieces or anything.

There was no clamoring of bells either.

I don't even know why I did it, because I thought I was completely opposed to the whole nasty idea of my slimy bits living independent lives of their own after my own demise.

Evidently, I changed my mind. AND I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHY.

Weird. Had to share it.

1 comments:

Sister Kristin July 13, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I always figured, well, if we're very sure I'm a goner - and I have made Dave SWEAR that he will be Very Sure as in No Possibility of Return - why not? If I'm not using my kidney or heart or whatever, maybe someone else can.

After my father died, the hospital asked permission regarding his organs. Mom said yes, but I've always wondered if they could find a single thing in him that was in good enough shape to pass along. I hope so, but if there was, it was probably something useless like his fingernails...

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP