Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Growth!

Kiki is 21 months old and has officially grown out of her 12-month-old clothes.

I know this because I tried to make her wear her I Love Santa shirt to bed last night. We got it for her for Christmas of 2007. It was too big for her then. It just fit her on Christmas of 2008 (yes, I did try to make her wear it. In fact, she did wear it until she puked up rainbow sherbet all over it.)

Last night, it was a little short in the arms and kept crawling up her chest like it thought it was a belly shirt. She's a little young to be sporting a 6-pack, so I figured it was inappropriate even for bed, and I chucked it.

And CHEEEERED!!!

Not 'cause I didn't like the shirt, but you know. She's growing again!!

And then I decked her out in a 12-month layette with the snaps that turn it into kind of a nightgown. Because I'm all kinds of fashion conscious. And with pajama bottoms. Because it was cold.

It's been storming ice nonstop since yesterday, and an hour or so ago it began with the great big chunks of humonguous snowflakes. I think we're gonna be snowed in in the morning.

2 comments:

Sister Kristin January 28, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

We should cross Kiki and Dessa. Then we could split the difference and we'd have an child whose size is age appropriate. It's funny how huge the size range is in toddlers. isn't it?

Good luck with the ice storm! Hugs to you all!

Stephanie January 28, 2009 at 8:04 AM  

It is nice to know our kids grow. Aiden is now 29 months and is wearing 24 month shirts and 18 month pants.

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP