Thursday, March 5, 2009

Bragging on my girl!

Today we bought SIZE 4 DIAPERS! Because today was kind of warm, and Kiki was kind of fussy, and so I kind of stripped her down to her diaper and let her roam around like that for a few hours and I kind of noticed half her butt was showing, like we're talking DIAPER WEDGIE.

If this isn't a sign of growth, I don't know what is.

Also, in the TMI department, I haven't had to give her prune juice in a week and the girl is having massive bowel movements that are not rock hard nor watery. I know. But it makes me happy. Other than the clean-up part. Eww.

Now, for some REAL bragging!

She's eating with a spoon! By herself! And she actually manages to get food on the spoon herself about 10% of the time and into her mouth without mishap about 80% of the time. Yay!

She's also begun to isolate her index finger. She's not completely pointing yet, but she wags her finger at me, and she pokes at things with it now.

Today during her OT session, she actually stuck objects in the shape sorter by herself!

And yesterday at her PT session, she took a step completely unassisted!

And she's vocalizing and mimicking all the time now. She's almost got Mooo down pat, and once she figures out that Woof! isn't supposed to come out of her nose, she'll have that one too.

She's actually calling me Mama, Kipp Daddy, and herself Baby.

And I know there's a million things more but I need to compose myself. :)

3 comments:

Michelle March 5, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

She's awesome!! And a new diaper size? That's a big step :)

starrlife March 6, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

Incredible- hugs and pats on the back all around! I love watching them grow.

Sister Kristin March 6, 2009 at 12:52 PM  

Isn's that "Mama" the sweetest sound you've ever heard. Dessa's gotten to the stage where she repeats it endlessly.

"Mommy?"
"Yes, honey."
"Mommy?"
"Yes?"
"Mommy?"
...
"Mommy? Mommy? Mommy? Mommy?"
"What!?"
...
"Um... Mommy?"

And you know, I still almost never actually tire of it!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP