Sunday, September 16, 2007

Food Train

I know I'm currently obsessed with my daughter's eating. I can't help it. The doctor says there's no reason to try to force-feed her, considering she's doing as well as she is, and I couldn't if I tried anyway because she's a stubborn little cuss.

But her eating habits vary every damned day. One day she'll be attached fondly to her bottle; the next day it's no more than a slightly annoying chew toy. One day she sucks down 10 ounces at every feeding (except at her food feeding), the next day 8, the next day a reluctant 6. She's like the moon, waxing and waning, except a whole lot louder.

She's still trying foods. Doesn't like applesauce unless it's mixed with cereal. And don't stop the food train a'coming, peoples, 'cause she don't like a-waiting. Now in addition to the GRRRRRRR she does when she's playing, she does an ERRRRRRRRRR when she's ready for her next spoonful. She tried this new communication on her daddy this morning while he was feeding her. You know, it's really hard to keep the food train on track when you can't stop laughing.

I'm planning on buying her a sign language DVD in the next couple of weeks. We'll see if she likes signing.

1 comments:

Sister Kristin September 16, 2007 at 12:37 PM  

PBS 'round here is showing the "Signing Time" series. If you're getting it, you might want to check it out. I like them (and have learned quite a bit already) and Dessa likes to watch, though clearly she has no idea what's going on, since she also likes to watch test patterns...

About Me

I'm originally from the west coast, but now live in the midwest with my husband Kipp, our two dogs, my stepdaughter and stepson, and our youngest daughter who has Down syndrome.

Stats n Stuff

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP