Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Alopecia Sounds Like a Girl's Name

After further exhaustive internet research, driven by my own innate vanity and gut-eating guilt, I've discovered that alopecia traction can be caused by hairstyles such as, you know, tight ponytails and whatnot.

So the balding areas along the sides of her head and at her forehead? Definitely my fault. And I've been poring through pics and watching that hairline recede through them. Why didn't I notice before?

It does not explain the smooth round bald spot on the back of her head, though. So yeah, I still need to confer with the Doc and hopefully not begin bawling and confessing all my sins in a virtual monsoon of guilt, guilt, guilt.

It's a good thing I'm not a practicing Catholic. I'd probably never be able to leave the confessional.

I wonder if priests keep a pot to piss in in their confessional booths.

I wonder if I'm going to hell for that question alone.

So this morning after her first haircut I still had to deal with snotty hair and moreover trying to figure a way to keep it out of her face while she ate. I used little clippies, which worked for a bit until she rubbed her peaches and cereal in her hair (as she's wont to do), so it took much readjusting and it was slightly frustratng and ended up with me demanding from my mother, "Why didn't I just have them cut it all off? Why? Why?????"

Easy answer: My husband would have stopped speaking to me. But since right now he's messaging me about buying an XBox upgrade? I don't think that would be so bad.

2 comments:

Sister Kristin November 26, 2008 at 10:48 PM  

Pictures of the haircut, pur-leese. Also? I couldn't tell from any of the pictures you've posted that there was any hair issue, so if you're thinking that everyone in the home audience sees a problem?

We don't. :-)

Happy Thanksgiving to all y'all! Hugs and kisses!

Michelle November 29, 2008 at 8:56 PM  

I don't know much about alopecia, but if it can be caused by tight hair styles, will it grow back if you leave the hair down now? I hope you get some answers from the dr as to what might be going on. Don't be too hard on yourself for the tight ponytails either!

  © Blogger template 'Isfahan' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP